In this document, Herculan (or “us” or “we”) refers to Eputan Kunststoftechniek B.V., Herculan B.V. and/or BASE vloeren B.V. For Herculan, privacy is a serious matter and it processes personal data in its capacity of controller in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as the GDPR).
- Which personal data we collect and how;
- For what purposes and reasons we process your personal data;
- How long we retain your personal data;
- With whom we share your personal data;
- How your personal data is protected;
- Your rights as a data subject;
- How you can contact us.
Personal data relates to all information about an identified or identifiable natural person. Among other things, we may process the following personal data:
- Basic details such as your first name and surname;
- Contact details such as your e-mail address, postal address and telephone number;
- Details about the device you use to visit our website, such as your IP address;
- Details about your visit to our website;
- Personal details you disclose to us within the framework of attending events or conferences;
- Personal details you disclose to us for a job application, such as your first name and surname, your date of birth, address, telephone number, nationality, marital status and all other personal details mentioned in your job application;
- All your other personal data you disclose to us or which we obtain in connection with the purposes and on the basis of the principles set out below.
We collect this personal data because you have disclosed it to us. For instance, you disclose data to us when you conclude an agreement with us, by entering your details on our website, by giving us your business card or by applying for a job. We may also obtain your personal data from other sources such as the trade register or by using public sources.
The purposes and principles for processing personal data
Herculan may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- In order to perform our agreements;
- In order to fulfil our legal and statutory obligations;
- For marketing and business development activities such as newsletters, invitations for our events and other marketing communications that may be of interest to you;
- To process your job application;
- To generate statistics about the use of the website and/or to analyse and improve the website.
We process your personal data on the basis of one or more of the following legal principles:
- The performance of an agreement;
- Fulfilling a statutory obligation;
- A legitimate interest;
- Your consent.
Sharing with third parties
- Other enterprises of the Herculan group.
- Third parties that are relevant to the performance of agreements, such as carriers.
- Third parties such as supervisory bodies and other organisations, in order to fulfil statutory obligations.
Third parties to whom we disclose your personal data are personally responsible for compliance with privacy legislation. Herculan is not responsible or liable for the processing of your personal data by these third parties. Insofar as a third party processes your personal data in the capacity of a processor of Herculan, Herculan will conclude a processor’s agreement with that third party, which agreement complies with the requirements set out in the GDPR.
In order to be able to provide our services, we may have to forward your personal data to a recipient outside the European Economic Area. In that case, Herculan will ensure that such data-forwarding complies with prevailing legislation.
Herculan has taken technical and organisational measures in order to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against loss, destruction, damage, editing or publication. If you have any questions about the protection of your personal data or if there are any indications of misuse, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights:
- The right of inspection. This means you can make a request to inspect the personal data we have collected from you.
- You have to be aware of the fact that there may be circumstances in which we are authorised not to comply with your request to provide copies of personal data for reasons of legal professional privilege of non-disclosure, for instance;
- The right of rectification or improvement of your data if it is incorrect or incomplete;
- The right to have your personal data removed. You have to take into account the fact that there may be circumstances in which we are obliged to retain your data in order to fulfil our legal and statutory obligations;
- The right to object or to ask for a restriction on the processing of your personal data. Again, there may be circumstances in which we are by law authorised not to comply with your request;
- The right to data portability. This means that you have the right to receive your data in a structured, customary and machine-readable format. In addition, you have the right to transfer this data to another controller;
- The right to object to profiling;
- The right to submit a complaint to a supervisory body;
- The right to withdraw your consent. Again, there may be circumstances in which we are authorised to continue to process your data, especially if the processing thereof is a requirement for the fulfilment of our legal and statutory obligations.
If you need more information or if you have any questions or complaints about the processing of your personal data, please contact us in writing via email@example.com or call us on +31 183 35 47 00.